Lake Forest residents will have candidates for City Council, District 67, and District 115 School Board on their April 6, 2021 General Election ballot. Meet our City Council candidates.
Here on our site, you can read the bios of our school board candidates:
- District 67 Candidates - Emily Bernahl, Anne Geraghty Helms, Carl Kirar, Alice LeVert
- District 115 Candidates - John Venson, David Burns, Sally Davis, Marcus Schabacker
The Lake Forest Caucus Committee is proud to support these candidates and the Student Success 2021 campaign. Student Success 2021 is dedicated to the best interests of all stakeholders. No hidden agendas, no partisanship.
Vote by Mail applications are open now! Read our voting FAQs here, including links to register to vote!
Key Election Dates:
- February 25 - Vote by Mail ballots start going out; Early Voting starts at County Clerk’s Office
- March 9, 2021 - Voter Registration closes
- March 22, 2021 - Early Voting starts at all regular Early Voting locations, including Lake Forest City Hall. Vote early up until Election Day.
- April 1, 2021 - Vote by Mail application closes
- April 6, 2021 - Election Day: Polls open 6:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Our process for effective, non-partisan candidates
Our school board candidates were vetted by the 43 member Caucus Committee during the summer and fall of 2020. At the Caucus Annual Meeting on November 10, 2020, Lake Forest residents voted to endorse the Lake Forest candidates. Per Illinois law, each candidate was added to the election ballot only after receiving the required number of petition signatures from Lake Forest residents.
Thanks to all who participated in this process! The Caucus Committee has been serving the City for over 80 years and we believe this process supports effective, non-partisan local government which makes Lake Forest a great place to live!
Learn more about which of your friends and neighbors is on the Caucus Committee here. If you are interested in joining the Caucus Committee or volunteering on a city board or commission, please complete a volunteer profile sheet. If you have questions or feedback, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org!