LFHS is a top-performing school based on objective measures
The data support that LFHS is an academically and fiscally sound institution that is continuously improving, and the candidates for D115 Board of Education nominated by the Lake Forest Caucus will work to continue this tradition of excellence at LFHS. Please visit our candidate information to learn more about our Slated Candidates
At LFHS, 93% of our teachers have master’s degrees
- Advanced degrees are both a measure of the high level of academic qualification of our teachers and an indicator of their years of experience in their field. Research has shown that having an advanced degree in the subject a teacher is teaching can have a positive impact on student achievement.
At LFHS, the student/staff ratio is 11:1
- Our teachers and support professionals know our students.
- At LFHS, students are not a “number” – not simply a test score or a GPA. Having adequate staffing helps to ensure that students get high-quality instruction and the support they need to succeed.
New LFHS school-day schedule increases faculty collaboration time
- Teachers can now share best practices, engage in curriculum mapping, assess and adjust instructional pacing, focus on student learning and growth, and engage in new instructional strategies to enhance student learning.
We believe that our schools, which serve our community so well, require outstanding school boards. Your Lake Forest Caucus, which is non-partisan, has worked diligently to find, interview, vet and present a slate of outstanding candidates.
Please remember, we need your VOTE on April 4, 2017
Our candidates for the D115 School Board:
Tom Nemickas, Sally Davis, Ted Moorman, David Lane
Each of these four fine volunteers:
- Is respectful and has a cooperative mindset
- Exercises sound judgment
- Builds and fosters collaborative working relationships throughout the school and community
- Brings diverse ideas and unique skills to the board
- Possesses no personal agenda, but rather shares a sincere interest in working together with the sitting board as a cohesive team to build on our school’s successes for the benefit of all stakeholders