LFHS is a top-performing school based on objective measures
The data support that LFHS is an academically and fiscally sound institution that is continuously improving, and the candidates for D115 Board of Education nominated by the Lake Forest Caucus will work to continue this tradition of excellence at LFHS. Please visit our candidate information to learn more about our Slated Candidates
LFHS develops compassionate, confident and accomplished students
- LFHS offers big school programs in a supportive small school environment. We have the fewest number of students of any neighboring north suburban districts.
School has certified 10.8:1 student to staff ratio, so our teachers and support professionals know our students
- LFHS offers a broad spectrum of specialized programs and teams of professionals, who work in concert in core support teams, to support students’ social/emotional needs.
Community Service – our students perform over 14,000 service hours annually
- Counselors regularly help students make:
- Appropriate self-directed academic career and post-secondary plans
- Foster social/emotional health
- Show respect for and understanding of others
Students have expanded access to academic resource centers staffed by teachers for additional help and support. Whenever they need it and during every school day.
- Summer school offerings are designed for further support. Bridge courses in Math, English, Science, and Social Studies help students move up to higher level courses.
It’s clear the current Caucus non-partisan board well serves the school and community
Vote April 4, 2017 for Tom Nemickas, Sally Davis, Ted Moorman, David Lane
- They are respectful, have a cooperative mindset and exercises sound judgment
- Build and foster collaborative working relationships in the school and community
- Brings diverse ideas and unique skills to the board
- Possesses no personal agenda, but rather shares a sincere interest in working together as a cohesive team to build on LFHS successes for the benefit of the school, students and community.