The aldermen shall be executive officers of the city and the Council shall be the legislative division of the city government and shall perform such duties and have such powers as may be authorized by the City Charter or by any other statute.
- Members: The Cty Council shall consist of two aldermen from each ward, who shall be elected for a two-year term, as provided by the City Charter.
- Term: Limted to three consecutive two-year terms. Aldermen are prohibited from seeking reelection to the office of aldermen for three years thereafter.
- Time requirements:
- When: Regular stated meetings of the City Council are generally held the first and third Monday evening of each month. All regular, stated meetings shall commence at 6:30 p.m. in the evening. Special meetings may be held at any time, on the call of the Mayor or any two or more aldermen.
- Location: City Council meetings are held at the Lake Forest City Hall.
- Attend City Council meetings.
- Act as the legislative division for the city.
- Perform other duties as outlined in the City Charter.
Agendas and minutes can be found here.
Regular City Council meetings are broadcast LIVE