Caucus Committee Summer Recipes
- 4th of July Fruit Pizza
- Brat Stop Brats – At Home
- Cantaloupe, Prosciutto, and Mozzarella Salad
- Chicken Skewers and Cucumber Raita (Yogurt Dip)
- Cucumber Raita
- Gluten Free Shake and Bake Chicken
- Pimms Cup
- Tortellini and Tomato Salad
4th of July Fruit Pizza
- Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough (from the refrigerator section)
- 8 ounces of Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Fresh Blueberries
- Fresh Strawberries
Cream the Cream Cheese, Powdered Sugar and vanilla together in a medium bowel until it is smooth and spreadable.
After the cookie has cooled, spread the cream cheese mixture over around and completely cover.
Top the cream cheese with strawberries, blueberries and sprinkles. Cut into pieces and Enjoy!
Brat Stop Brats – At Home
- 2 (4 count) packs of Brat Stop Brats – fresh or frozen
- 1-2 (6 count) packs of S. Rosen French Rolls
- Silver Spring Beer n’ Brat Mustard
- Huy Fong Sriracha Sauce
- Ditkas Mild or Hot Giardiniera
- Vienna Sport Peppers
- Vienna Kosher Dill Pickle Spears
- If brats are frozen, then thaw in the fridge for 24 hours. If fresh, then you are good to go. No further preparation for the brats is needed as the Brat Stop has done that beautifully for us already.
- Heat your grill to high and keep it high. The high heat will keep the brats crispy enough on the outside while keeping all the moisture in the inside.
- Cook the brats on the grill for around 4 mins on each side. This will vary depending on your grill, so keep a good eye on it.
- Wrap the buns individually in a moist paper towel and heat them in the microwave for 45 secs to 1 min. This will give you a nice steamed and fluffy bun to work with.
- Place your brats inside the still warm buns and begin to add your toppings as you see fit; Beer n’ Brat Mustard, Siracha Sauce, Mild or Hot Giardiniera, Sport Peppers and Vienna Pickle Spears.
- For your sides, this is discretionary but I usually pair them with air fried French fries or tater tots, as well as a side of watermelon.
Cantaloupe, Prosciutto, and Mozzarella Salad
- 1 Whole Cantaloupe cut into cubes
- 1 Package Fresh Mozzarella Pearls
- 1/4 Lb Prosciutto
- 2.2 lbs of boneless chicken, cubed
- 500g plain yogurt
- 4 garlic cloves crushed/paste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tsp cumin powder
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp paprika powder
- 1 pinch turmeric powder – optional
- 250g plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 scant tsp dried mint
- 1 mini seedless cucumber shredded (I use a box grater with care!)
- 4 pounds chicken drumsticks or a mix of chicken pieces
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper optional
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In large zipper storage bag, combine all ingredients except chicken and oil.
- Line 2 13×9-inch pans with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Drizzle olive oil over each pan.
- Place a couple pieces of chicken in the seasoning bag and shake until coated.
- Place coated chicken on lined pans. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Turn over and bake 15-20 minutes longer.
- 2 ounces Pimm’s No. 1
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Ginger ale, to top
- Garnish with: cucumber slice, mint, strawberry, lemon wheel (optional), orange wheel (optional)
- 2 (9 oz) packages refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups baby heirloom tomatoes (halved)
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Chicken Skewers and Cucumber Raita (Yogurt Dip)
Gluten Free Shake and Bake Chicken
Tortellini and Tomato Salad