The Lake Forest Caucus encourages citizens interested in the Mayoral opening in Lake Forest to please:
- Complete or update your Volunteer Profile Sheet. This is required.
- Review the contents of this page
- Review the Ideal Candidate Qualifications page
- Review the Mayoral Selection Process
- Contact the President or Vice President of the Lake Forest Caucus.
The Mayor shall be the chief executive officer of the city, and shall have such powers and perform such duties as may be required of him or her by statute or ordinance. He or she shall have supervision over all of the officers and employees of the city, and shall have the power and authority to inspect all books and records pertaining to city affairs and kept by any officer or employee of the city, at any reasonable time. Before entering upon the duties of his or her office, the Mayor shall take an oath of office, as is required by the City Charter, and shall file such bond, conditioned upon the faithful performance of his or her duties, as may be required by the Council.
- Term: The term shall be limited to two 2-year terms and the Mayor is prohibited from seeking reelection to the office of Mayor for three years thereafter.
- Time Commitment: The Mayor shall, in addition to the usual oath, swear or affirm that he/she will be willing to devote the time necessary to execute the duties of the office in an efficient and faithful discharge of the responsibilities of the city’s chief executive officer.
- When: City Council meetings are generally held the first and third Monday evening of each month starting at 6:30. Special meetings may be held at any time, on call of the Mayor or any two or more Alderperson.
- Location: Lake Forest City Hall or other locations as required.
- The standing committees of the City Council shall be appointed by the Mayor annually a the first regular May meeting.
- Preside over City Council meetings and is a member of City Council.
- Perform other duties of Mayor as outlined in the City Charter.