All registered voters in the City of Lake Forest are members of the Lake Forest Caucus and are eligible to serve the community.
- The process is open and all Lake Forest registered voters and
invited to participate.
- All persons interested in serving on the Caucus Committee or
in City elected and appointed positions are interviewed by the Caucus Committee.
- The law requires residency in the City of Lake Forest for one year for all City positions.
- No experience is required for appointed positions on City Boards and Commissions, although related skills are generally preferred.
- Candidates are interviewed by local Ward members as well as by the full Caucus Committee. Candidate selections are made on a non-partisan basis and are determined by an individual’s qualifications, knowledge of the issues facing the position they seek, their level of commitment, their level of civility and their interest to serve.
It is helpful for candidates for elected positions to possess local City Board experience and familiarity with the workings of City government.
If you want to Volunteer, first you need to complete a Volunteer Profile Sheet (VPS). This puts you in our database and the appropriate Ward Chair should be contacting you shortly.
Have a question for your ward chair (ward map here), select a Ward Chair below.