The aldermen shall be executive officers of the city and the Council shall be the legislative division of the City government and shall perform such duties and have such powers as may be authorized by the City Charter or by any other statute. The City Council shall consist of two aldermen from each ward, who shall be elected for a two-year term, as provided by the City Charter. Limited to three consecutive two-year terms. Alderperson are prohibited from seeking reelection to the office of Alderperson for three years thereafter.
- Lake Forest resident
- Experience on Lake Forest City board, commission, or committee preferably BRB, ZBA, and/or Plan
- Strong leadership and managerial experience, with working knowledge of financial management
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- When: Regular stated meetings of the City Council are generally held the first and third Monday evening of each month. All regular, stated meetings shall commence at 6:30 p.m. in the evening. Special meetings may be held at any time, on the call of the Mayor or any two or more Alderperson.
- Location: City Council meetings are held at the Lake Forest City Hall.
- Attend City Council meetings.
- Act as the legislative division for the city.
- Perform other duties as outlined in the City Charter.
Agendas and minutes can be found here.
Regular City Council meetings are broadcast LIVE