The Caucus uses many forms of communication to help educate the community. These include but are not limited to:
- Social media – join our Facebook and Youtube accounts.
- Email – please subscribe HERE to get our communications.
- Our website has a wealth of information and links to the Volunteer Profile Sheet so you can get involved. See link HERE.
- Local publications in the form of advertisements and news related events. See example in the Lake Forest Love Blog HERE.
- Lake Forest Community Events and BillBoards.
- Fundraising and Social events.
The best form of education is the existing Caucus Committee and by those that served. Positive word of mouth goes a long way. Reach out to your Caucus Committee members to learn more. They can be found HERE.
Last, the Caucus Committee meets every two weeks beginning in September. The Caucus Committee meeting schedule generally runs through mid-April. There are three meetings that are open to the general public: The OPEN CALL meeting is where we invite citizens to join the Caucus or put their names in the hat for any open board positions. The ANNUAL and SPRING meeting, generally occurring in the October-November then the March-April time frame, is held to present the Caucus Presidents Report as well as introduce the Caucus recommended slate of candidates for the School Boards, Council member and Mayoral posts in the upcoming election season. To see the current calendar of events, click HERE.